Amazon announced earlier in July that starting on September 1st 2020, your Business name and address will be visible on your seller profile. Before you freak out, we believe that this a good thing!
This will finally give (legit) sellers and brands from the US a competitive advantage over sellers from China and Asia. American Consumer can now actively choose to buy from an American Brand / Seller. The official statement from Amazon is:
These features help customers learn more about the businesses of a seller and the products that they are selling. We are making this change to ensure there is a consistent baseline of seller information to help customers make informed shopping decisions.Amazon’s official press release statement
With manufacturer from overseas selling directly on Amazon Marketplace, cutting out all and any middle men, and undercutting prices in the market and dumping low quality products on the market, we at Barrel Aged are pleased with this announcement! We have long seen this trend, finally it seems like there might some changes coming that could benefit American Brands and Sellers!
Here are a couple of other interesting facts that you should know:
1. Update your Adress:
Make sure that your address is up to date! You can change your address here:
- Log into your Amazon Seller Account
- In the Settings menu at the top right corner of Seller Central, click Account Info to view the Seller Account Information page.
- In the Business Information section, click the links for the information that you want to view.
- To change your business name, click Display Name and to change the address, click Business Address. Enter the new information or edit the current information.
- Once completed, click Submit to save.
If you are still using your home address and you feel uncomfortable sharing this information with the world, get yourself a P.O. Box. We can recommend going with either USPS or UPS:
USPS PO BOX
UPS PO BOX
2. You can share additional information about your business:
You have the ability to share additional information about your business and products. Whatever you think is helpful for your customer to know.
This might be a great way to boost conversion and helping your brand to be more present on Amazon!